Tuesday, September 19, 2017

MFT card design superstar, Clean and Simple genius

Hello, there!
Today I'm sharing a care for entry into the My Favorite Things card design superstar challenge clean and simple genius category .
Please click the image below to link to the challenge site. 




I wanted to make a winter scene in a drop as well as water drop effects on my card.
First I die cut a big water drop, stamped images using masking on it, then colored with copic markers. To give it a glassy look, I gave shades using copic markers and then brushed a little amount of white gesso on it. 



Then I prepared an A2 sized card base, then stamped water drop images from Abstract Art set using dye inks from MFT. 
The large waterdrop diecut piece was mounted using fun foam. 
I also added a smaller waterdrop die cut above the larger one to express drops falling down.




As a final touch, I added a silver metalic twin ribbon. 
To make it Clean and Simple, I let most of the spaces empty white, and made a one layer card. 




Supplies I used are all from My Favorite Things
Stamps : Abstract Art, Winter Wonderland
(I couldn't find the product infos about the stamps I used at MFTstamps.com) 

Hope you enjoyed this. 
Thank you
Marge Y. 


4 comments:

  1. Love this CAS card, the drop looks so realistic and the colors are perfect! Good luck Marge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Ilda 😍 Good luck to you too! ❤

      Delete
  2. Fantastic card design, Marge ! Love it to bits !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting here, Jasleen! Have a good day !

      Delete