Monday, July 31, 2017

Watercolor stencil using metalic shimmer sprays and watercoloring using pigment dye inks from Altenew

Hello and welcome!
I made another card to enter into the current July Inspiration Challenge at Altenew Blog.
Click the inspiration photo below .



In today's card I used two somewhat new coloring methods to me which are watercolor stenciling using altenew metalic spray and watercoloring using altenew pigment dye inks.

So here's my card.

First, I prepared watetcolor paper into A2 size, then put Sketched Lines stencil onto it and then brushed using metalic shimmer ink sprays- Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades.

I thought brushing ink sprays instead of just spraying is a good way to minimalize bleeding and make clear stencil.





Second, I stamped Garden Treasure floral images with versafine black ink , then watercolored them using Altenew pigment dye inks. I mainly used Ruby Red and Velvet. To color leaves, I used metalic ink sprays that were left on my watercolor palette from previous stenciling.
Then I fussy cut all the images.





Third, I stamped sentiment from "Smile More" set and then rounded natural string around the lower part of the panel, then foam mounted the panel onto a brown card base. 
Then I put floral images onto the panel using foam tapes and glue. 
Finally I applied clear wink of stella to the flowers (because green stenciled background and leaves had shimmer due to metalic shimmer sprays, I wanted the same shimmering effect in the red flowers), then I put some sparkling clear sequins. 



That's it for today.
Using somewhat different coloring medium was so fun and exciting. I also love the results.

Thanks for reading this post.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Marge






8 comments:

  1. Lovely colouring on your flowers, Marge, and the stencilled background looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much for your lovely comment, Sue!! ♡

      Delete
  2. Marge, I don't have any of the shimmer sprays YET! Your card is really lovely!
    Have you water colored using their regular inks? Sometimes is works great - on Bristol paper. Yesterday I tried it on water color paper, but it didn't seem to blend very well.
    Thanks for sharing your brushed stencil technique - it looks really great!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much for your comment, Michele. I'm so happy that my post helped you a little, cause you are one my heroins! I used Timholtz A2 sized watercolor paper here. Blending was fair. I didn't know that watercoloring might not work on some other watercolor papers. A couple of days ago, I tried MFT dye inks for watercoloring on a certain watercolor paper and it wasn't good, I just thought that MFT inks don't work well, but now I think that was the problem of paper itself! Should consider that in my next works. Thanks for your tip. Love ♡

      Delete
  3. So beautiful Marge, the background looks divine with those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your stopping by and comments. I really appreciate that !

      Delete
  4. gorgeous card...love the look.
    tfs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete