Saturday, July 22, 2017

Altenew July 2017 Inspiration Challenge


Hello and welcome to my blog.
Today, I'm sharing a card that I made for Altenew's July Inspiration Challenge.
Here is the inspiration photo you can see below.
(Click the image to link to the challenge site)



I was inspired by the colors used in the photo which are green, deep red and pale red. This photo also reminded me of pure nature, so I tried to express those inspirations in my card. 
So here goes my card.




I first stamped Adore You on a copic friendly white cardstock, and colored them with Artist Markers Set A.
For flowers : R302, R304, R318, R335
For leaves : G702, G715, G554
Then I fussy cut the images and added some glaze using white gel pen.




To make tags, I die-cut a couple of tags from white card stock. 
I sponged one tag using altenew inks Frosty Pink and Coral Berry, then I stamped dots pattern from Handmade Tags Stamps set using Coral Berry Ink. Then I choose stripe pattern stamped it on another white tag using Frayed leaf and Forest Glades. I then stamped sentiments from the same stamps sets.


I cut A2 sized panel from Woodgrain white card stock, rounded string around it and tied it to the tags I made. Then I foam mounted the panel onto a A2 sized folded deep brown card base.
I arranged flowers and leaves on the upper part of the panel, then I finished off with some sparkling sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.




Thanks for reading this post.
I hope you enjoyed it.
Blessings
Marge



4 comments:

  1. Wow, Marge, this is simply stunning! I love everything about it (swoon). Your colouring is amazing and how you made the tags. HAS to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such lovely words, Sue ! You're so kind :)

      Delete
  2. You have reminded me that I need to get my tag dies out again, what a stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Therese! You card was so inspirational this month. Thanks again :)

      Delete