Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Designer spotlight at SSS Monday challenge 'Touch Feely'


Hello :) 
I'm so excited to know that my work was featured in the designer spotlight at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge !
The challenge was of 9th June and the theme was "touchy feely"
Although it's late to post here, I just share my works in the blog to mark the happy spotlight.






First I painted a mini chopping board with white gesso, then when it dried, I watercolored the surface using watercolor oil pastels. I splattered some black gesso drops over the board. 



To give various textures, I cut some polka dot die cuts and then applied crack paste on it. 
I also used corrugated cardboard which were colored with color bursts. 
Bold typewriter image was stamped using a black archival ink , then I heat embossed it with thick embossing enamel powder to make it look glossy and cracky.




 As a final touch, I added some mini flowers and metals where I wanted to put, applied white gesso on some of the flowers to give shabby look. 




The message stamps and frame die are from MFT and the Tons.



As I always have been admiring mixed media works and got lots of inspirations from the SSS monday challenge DT, I feel so honorable for being featured in the designer spotlight.
Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. 

Thanks for reading this post.
Have a wonderful day :) 

  designer-spotlight-badge

No comments:

Post a Comment